Not everyone who wants to go in for sports has enough time to go to the gym, and home workouts require a certain inventory, the cost of which is high enough. The most popular are dumbbells. They are involved in almost all exercises. And if you do not plan to buy sports equipment in the near future, you should not give up lessons. You can make dumbbells with your own hands from fairly cheap materials. To do this, it is sufficient to read the instructions on how and from what they are made.
Dumbbells from plastic bottles with their own hands
Conventional plastic bottles allow you to make dumbells with a minimum of money in a short time, you can use them immediately. The main thing is to fix the elements of the structure well, so that it does not collapse during training.
For the assembly of a plastic shell, you will need: 2 bottles, tape or tape, filler.
Step-by-step instruction for manufacturing dumbbells from plastic bottles:
- Cut out the middle part of the bottles. Staple the separated elements (upper and lower) by means of an adhesive insulating tape.
- The filler is filled in the container. If the shell makes small weights, use cement with sand. Dumbbells with a larger mass require the addition of metallic inclusions, which can be balls from the bearings, nails, a variety of metals. The choice depends entirely on the availability of a particular material.
- When the bottle neck is filled, insert a pipe or stick made of metal or wood. Wrap the place of connections with tape or tape. Thanks to this manipulation, you will get a non-slip, soft and quite comfortable handle.
Before starting classes, you should carefully check all connections so that the filler does not "leak".
Rod of plastic bottles
Regular plastic bottles are suitable not only for collecting dumbbells, but also for the barbell. This shell weighs much more, so the amount of source material increases.
To assemble the rod, you will need: at least 8 plastic bottles, a neck, a filler material, an insulating tape or an adhesive tape.
The instruction on manufacturing of a bar from plastic:
- The bottles are filled in the same way as the dumbbells.
- Select the material for the neck. It is better to take the armature or pipe, which is comfortable in the hand.
- From each end of the neck put the finished goods from the filled plastic bottles and wrapped with adhesive tape. On each side, four loads are produced.
- Check the quality of the mount. The neck should not move or form a backlash. If the connection is poorly done, the tape is also wound.
- Increase the weight of the bar allows you to pawn between the loads of bottles of additional weighting agents in the form of bars and so on.
- Each additional cargo is necessarily wrapped with a new layer of electrical tape.
- You can increase the load to 100 kg.
It is rather difficult to be guided in the choice of material. The approximate weight of a dumbbell or barbell can be calculated based on the data presented:
The weight of a two-liter plastic bottle with different fillers:
- water - 1.997;
- compacted sand - 3,360;
- wet sand - 3.840;
- rubble (shingles) - 2,600;
- lead - 22,800.
Weight is given in kilograms.
We collect shells from concrete
The cement base allows you to get heavier dumbbells and bars, rather than using plastic bottles. Pancakes are not only more impressive weight, but also look much more solid. They are cast from cement slurry in a special form, inside which is the neck. The downside of this design is that the load of the projectile can not be adjusted or adjusted to anyone else.
To start working with a different weight, you will need to make a new barbell or dumbbell. Weighting agents, in fact, are obtained individually, but still quite fragile and "loose". The latter drawback is eliminated by introducing a glue into the PVA solution. And if the classes are not based on the principle of powerlifting, when the projectile is thrown on the floor, then it will last a long time.
The production of concrete dumbbells (bars) will require: a metal pipe with the required length, bolts or screws, cement mortar, PVA, as well as a mold for casting the cargo.
Step-by-step instruction on manufacturing of cement shells:
- At the ends of the pipe with the help of a drill make holes in four sides. In the holes made screw screws to ensure that they are as securely as possible fixed on the ends and form a kind of cross. They become a skeleton holding cement.
- Form for pancakes is made from a flat bucket from under mayonnaise or paint. You can also use a different capacity. The main thing is that the weight should be chosen in such a way that it is necessary for classes and approaches the training of the person involved. In the hardness solution add glue or add oil paint.
- In the filled mixture put the pipe and wait about four days until it completely clamps. Repeat the manipulations described in the previous paragraphs for the second party. Produce the support. The construction is tied up or suspended for another four days.
- When the cement is fully seized, within the next week the shell is soaked at least twice in the water to get even more strength.
- Shells, filled in two-liter form, can weigh about 5 kg. The exact weight is determined by the composition of the mixture involved.
To perform a "farmer's walk", it is not necessary to make shells. It is enough to take two ordinary cans and hang on a stick. Tires filled with sand or any other filler can be used. Other exercises with a similar design are difficult to perform. They require the use of full dumbbells.
Metal dumbbells with own hands
When playing sports become regular, it becomes necessary to purchase more professional shells or make such from metal. They almost do not differ from the factory ones. The difference lies in the fact that dumbbells made by themselves will be much cheaper. From one tube it is possible to make both a vulture and pancakes at the same time. It is best to make metal dumbbells from metal.
To make shells, it is necessary to prepare in advance: a thin-walled pipe that has a diameter slightly larger than that of a fingerboard, which is better to take a metal rod, locking locks and sheet steel. Work on making dumbbells should be carried out in a metalwork shop.
- From metal scrap with a diameter of about 3 cm saw off about 35-40 cm griffin. To make the projectile comfortable to hold, a thin-walled pipe is cut about 15 cm. The resulting length is put on the neck. Further, if desired, it can be covered with relief or wrapped with electrical tape.
- Pancakes are cut out by autogen from sheet steel. The weight of one disc with a diameter of 18 cm and a thickness of 1 cm is 2 kg. This allows you to easily calculate the required number of pancakes to get a weight of 10, 20, 30, 40 kg. Dimensions of the discs also allow you to easily change the weight of the weighting from small to maximum. Cutting a whole set of pancakes allows you to constantly work with different weights.
- The next step is to make the lock locks. The diameter of the pipe is larger than that of the neck. From the product cut off the rings with a width of 3 cm. They should move freely on the neck, but do not slip. In the rings one hole with a diameter of at least 1-1.20 cm is drilled. They are necessary for screwing in the screws, which allows the rings to hold the pancakes and press against the neck. The main thing is to take care of the quality of pressing the screw so that there are no backlashes.
- At the last stage, they begin assembling the dumbbell. On the neck with a piece of pipe in the middle hung pancakes and fixed by locking locks.
- The dumbbells produced by the described method are not inferior in quality to factory ones, they allow to work with small and heavy weight.
General advice and recommendations for assembling dumbbells at home
The best without any doubt are metal shells, but they are much more difficult to manufacture than other designs. It is necessary not only to make discs, but to choose the width of pancakes correctly, to perform lock locks according to calculations. Do not increase the width, but the diameter of the discs. You can make several heavy and several small pancakes.
To make the dumbbells look presentable, the details are polished and painted. This will only slightly increase the cost of creating and increasing the cost of shells, but they will look no worse than the factory ones, and the price will be much less. Classes with such equipment will bring more pleasure, and, consequently, the motivation and effect of training will increase.
Do not waste time and energy on creating dumbbells weighing up to 100 kg. Instructions on assembling such structures on the Internet abound, but it is better to immediately make a bar with a calculation of 200-300 kilograms, in order to perform a deadlift. Dumbbells for such loads are not suitable. And if you pull iron, then with a serious projectile, that is, a barbell.
If there is such a possibility, you can buy a neck with a handle in the store, and pancakes either make yourself, or order in the workshop. A qualitatively made hilt promotes comfortable occupations, and self-made pancakes significantly reduce the cost of the projectile.